So we had this for dinner tonight, Jerk Chickpea & Italian Sausage Quesadillas. active cook time was about 30 minutes. There was enough for four plus there was leftovers to spare. Here's what we did. Still working on my photography skills but trust that it was very good.
- 1 lb Chicken Italian Sausage (about 5 links), cooked and cut into small pieces
- 2 15 oz cans Garbanzo (Chickpeas) Beans drained
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/2 red & green Bell peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp Jammin' Jerk Marinade
- 1 tbsp Smokin' Jerk BBQ Saucinade
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Salt (optional) to taste
- Corn tortilla
The sausages were uncooked so we cooked them prior to start. Saute onion, bell peppers, garlic in oil for about 5 minutes. Add and stir in the remaining ingredients and cook for about 10 minutes. Serve on tortilla, and top with as much cheese as desired.
For vegetarians, the sausages could easily be substituted by another vegetable or Tofu if desired. It could also be served over rice or with some other side.